Effect of feed dilution the with date kernels treated in different ways on some blood traits of broiler
This experiment was conducted at the poultry field, Agricultural Research and Experiments Station, College of Agriculture and the Marshes, Thi Qar University, from 11/1/2021 to 12/12/2021, to determine the effect of diluting the feed with date kernels treated in different ways on some productive traits of broilers. A total of 270, one day, 40 gm chicks of Rose-308 were used. Chicks were randomly distributed to the five experimental treatments with three replicates (18 birds for each replicate), the diets were provided from the beginning of the second week until the end of the sixth week. The treatments were as follows: T1: Standard control diet (without dilution); T2: control diet diluted by 20% regular date seed pods for 7-42 days; T3: basal diet diluted with 20% date kernels, cooked for 7-42 days; T4: basal diet diluted with 20% vinegar-treated seed for 7-42 days; T5: basal diet diluted by 20% seed germinated for 7-42 days. The results indicated a significant increase on the cellular blood characteristics (Red Blood Cell Count, White Blood Cell Count, Hemoglobin concentration and the Packed Cell volume) in all dilution treatments with date kernel powder, whether treated or untreated. A significant increase on the concentration of albumin, globulin and total protein with a significant decrease in the concentration of glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides in the dilution treatments with date kernel powder compared to the control treatment.
2. Al-Jiashi, F.A.M. 2018. Effect of diluting feed with date kernel powder in early periods on some productive, physiological, immune and economic traits of broilers. Master's Thesis, College of Agriculture, Al-Muthanna University.
3. Al-Zamili, I.F., Al-Gharawi, J.K., Al-Hilali, A.H. & Merdas, F.A. 2018. Effect of different periods of early fasting on compensatory growth and carcass traits of broiler. Biochemical and Cellular Archives, 18(Suppl. 1), 1087-1092
4. Al-Zuhairi, S.K.S. 2019. Dietary rationing using the method of reducing forage with date pulp at an early age in some productive, immune and blood traits in broilers - Master’s thesis - College of Agriculture, Al-Muthanna University.
5. Canan. S. B, and H. Emsen., 2006. The Effect of diet with low protein and intermittent lighting on ascites enduced by cold temperatures and growth performance in broilers. International J. Poultry Sci. 5 (10) : 988- 991.
6. Duncan, D.B. 1955. Multiple ranges test and Multiple F – test . Biometrics . 11: 1-42.
7. Ghnimi, S., Almansoori, R., Jobe, B., Hassan,M., and A- Kamal-Eldin. 2015. Quality Evaluation of Coffee-Like Beverage from Date Seeds (Phoenix dactylifera, L.). dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7110.
8. Hassanabadi, A., and H. Nassiri. Moghaddam, 2006. Effect of early feed restriction on performance characteristics and serum thyroxin of broiler chickens. International J. Poultry Sci. 5 (12) :1156-1159.
9. Ibrahim, A.O. 2012. Date kernels, their composition and use, the Iraqi Date Palm Network, www.iraqi-datepalms.net
10. Silas, A.; Olajide, A.; Daisy, E.;. Mark, S. O;. Oluwatoyin, O. B. and Gloria, E.N. 2014. Effect of stocking density and quantitative feed restriction on growth performance, digestibility, hematological characteristics and cost of starting broiler chicks. J. Anim. Health Pord. 2 (4): 60-64.
11. SPSS. 2012. SPSS users guide. Statistics version 20. Statistical Package Solution Service.