Effect of omega-3 on some productive and eggs traits of Japanese quail
The study was conducted to determine the effect of adding omega-3 fatty acid to the quail's diet on some productive and egg quality traits. This experiment was conducted in the poultry field, Department of Animal Production, College of Agriculture and Marshes, University of Thi Qar, from 10/202021 to 02/14/2022. A total of 300 quail birds, 45 days age, were used, which was fed on three diet type, the first diet (control ration) without adding oil, the second ration was added to it with sunflower oil (0.01%), the third diet was added to omega-3 oil at a rate of (0.01%). The results showed that there were significant differences on the rate of egg production, egg weight and mass, feed conversion factor for egg production, egg shape index, yolk index, shell weight, yolk color and shell thickness for the treatment to which omega-3 oil was added in comparison with the rest of the treatments.
2. Alagawany, M.;Elnesr, SS.;Farag MR, Abd El-Hack, ME.;Khafaga AF, Taha AE;Tiwari, R.;Yatoo, MI.; Bhatt, P.;Khurana SK.2019. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in poultras alternative to antibiotic growth promoters. J Vet Med Res. 4:1–7.
3. Al-Daraji H.J.,A.S.Al-Hassani,H.A.Al-Mashadni,W.K.Al-Hayani and H.A.Mirza.2010.Effect of dietary supplenmentation with sources of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids on cetain blood characteristics of Laying Quail .Int.J.Poult.Sci. 9(7):684-694.
4. Al-Khalisi, A.F.S. 2011. The effect of using cod liver oil in broiler diets on some productive and physiological traits. Anbar Journal of Veterinary Sciences, Volume (4) Issue ISSN: 1999-6527 2011.
5. Al-Mashhadani, I.H. and H.N. Izzat. 2014. Effect of adding flaxseed, fish and walnut oils to the diet on the productive traits of brown Lohman chickens. Iraqi Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 45 (4) (special issue): 335-340.
6. Al-Sufi, K.H. and D.D. Yunis. 2020. The effect of adding different percentages of thyme leaf powder to the bush on the productive and reproductive performance of layering quail, Diyala Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Volume (12) special issue on the reality of the Fourth and First International Scientific Conference on Agricultural Research 2073-9524: ISSN.
7. Amo M, Saerang JLP, Najoan M, Keintjem J (2013). Pengaruh Penambahan Tepung Kunyit (Curcuma Domestica Val) dalam Ransum terhadap Kualitas Telur Puyuh (Coturnix-coturnix Japonica). J. Zootek, 33(1): 48–57.
8. Azeem, Abdel.; Azeem, F. Abdel; M. El-Zabalawy, Khaled; Abdel-Halim, H. A. H. 2022. nutritional and health aspects of earthworms (eisenia foetida) supplmentation in poultry diets: review article. egypt. poult. sci. vol. (42) (i): (39-57).
9. Card, L . E and M . C . Nesheim .1972 . Poultry Production, 11th ed. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia
10. Cufadar, Y.; GOÇMEN, R.; KANBUR, G.; PARLAT, S. 2022. Effect of hempseed meal on performance, egg quality and egg yolk fatty acids content in laying quails. Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society, 72(4) 3427–3434.
11. Duncan, D.B.1955. Multiple range and multiple test .Biometrisc .,11: 1- 42.
12. Gao, Z.; Z. Duan.; J.Zhang.; J.Zheng.; F. Li. ; G. Xu . 2022.Effects of Oil Types and Fat Concentrations on Production Performance, Egg Quality, and Antioxidant Capacity of Laying Hens. Animals, 12: 315.
13. Hilmi M, Sumiati, Astut DA (2015). Egg production and physical quality in Cortunix coturnix japonica fed diet containing piperine as phytogenic feed additive. Media Peternakan, 38(3): 150-155.
14. Kara, Z and T. Bulbul . 2021 . The Effects of Supplementing Different Vegetable Oils in The Diet of Quails on Growth, Carcass Traits and Serum Biochemical Parameters. Kocatepe Vet. J., 14: 57–64.
15. Karabayır, A.; M. Oğutcü, U. Acar, N. Arifoglu. 2018. Effects of Orange Peel Oil on Quail(coturnix coturnix japonica) Growth_Performance, egg Quality and Blood Parameters . New Knowledge Journal of Science.7(2):127-136.
16. Kudryashova, O.A.; Kudryashov, L.S. 2022 . Influence of Preslaughter Stress on Poultry Meat. Theory and practice of meat processing, 7(1), 30-34.
17. Lazim, J.S. and R.S. Abbas . 2018 . Comparative the Effect of Using Locally Prepared Premix with some Imported Premixes in some Characteristics of Carcasses of Broilers (Ross 308). Proceeding of the First International symposium for Creativity . Babylon University . 28-29 November.
18. Mustafa, N.A. and D.T. Younes. 2016. The effect of using flaxseed oil and soybean oil (vegetable sources of omega-3) on the productive performance and quality characteristics of broiler parents’ eggs, Iraqi Poultry Science Journal, 10 (2), 27-34.
19. Nain, S., Renema R.A., Zuidhof M.J. and Korver D.R. (2012). Effect of metabolic efficiency and intestinal morphology on variability in n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid enrichment of eggs. Poult. Sci, 91: 888-898.
20. NRC. National Research Council. 1994. Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. 9th ed. National Academic Press, Washington DC.
21. Parmar, S. N. S., Thakur, M. S., Tomar, S. S., and Pillai, P. V. A. (2006). Evaluation of egg quality traits in indigenous Kadaknath breed of
poultry. Livestock Research for Rural Development, 18(9), 2006.
22. SAS, 2012 . SAS/STAT User’s Guide for Personal Computers. Release 9.1 SAS Institute Inc., Cary, N.C., USA.
23. Skřivan M, Englmaierová M, Vít T, Skřivanová E .2019.Hempseed increases gamma-tocopherol in egg yolks and the breaking strength of tibias in laying hens. Plos one 14(5):e0217509
24. Yassein, S. A., El-Mallah G. M., Sawsan M.A., El-Ghamry A.A., Abdel- Fattah M.M. (2015). Response of laying hens to dietary flaxseed levels on performance, egg quality criteria, fatty acid composition of egg and some blood parameters. Inter J Res Stu Biosci. 10: 27-34.
25. Zotte A. and G. Pranzo . 2022. Effects of Dried (Portulaca oleracea) Supplementation to the Laying Hen Diet on Productive Performance, Egg Physical Traits, Fatty Acid Composition, and Cholesterol Content. Czech J. Anim. Sci.,67: 114–123.