Effect Of Adding Different Levels Of Ginger Powder On The Sensory Parameters Of Berker Frozen Buffalo Meat Discs
This study was conducted in the laboratories of the Department of Animal Production,College of Agriculture / University of Thi Qar for the period from 6/1/2022 to 3/4/2022 to know the effect of adding different levels of ginger powder on the sensory parameters of Berker frozen buffalo meat tablets used for thigh meat, which was purchased From the local markets of the city of Nasiriyah and the experiment was conducted using concentrations of 1, 2 and 3% of ginger powder, which was added to the meat tablets kept by cooling at a temperature of 4 ° C. The sensory tests were conducted, and the results when assessing the sensory criteria led to a moral superiority in the color of buffalo meat in favor of the treatment T2 for the fourth, seventh and ninth days, with averages (9.00, 8.00, and 8.33), respectively, and on the twelfth day, T3 outperformed with an average of (8.67). The moral superiority for the first, fourth, seventh and ninth days was in favor of the T2 treatment, and their averages were (8.67,8.33, 8.67,8.67, respectively), and with regard to freshness, the moral superiority was in favor of the T2 treatment for the fourth, seventh and ninth days, with averages (8.33, 7.67, 8.00 (respectively and on the day). The twelfth treatment T4 outperformed the rest of the treatments with an average of (8.00) The results showed a significant increase in meat juice in favor of the T2 treatment for the fourth, seventh and ninth days with averages of (8.33, 8.00, 8.00) respectively, and on the twelfth and fifth days, treatment T4 outperformed the rest of the treatments with an average It reached (7.33, 7.00), respectively, and the significant increase continued in favor of T2 treatment in general acceptance and for the first, fourth, seventh and ninth days, with an average of (9.00, 9.00, 8.67, 7.67).T3 treatment time was significant and averaged (7.67) for the twelfth day
2. Ahmed, Manal Ali, Ghaida Ali Makki, Bassem Saddam Mohsen (2019). Effect of feeding with ginger powder and pomegranate peels on the growth of Arabized lambs and the characteristics of their carcasses during different storage periods, Iraq, Basra University - College of Agriculture, Department of Animal Production
3. Al-Birawi,AnwarRaad.(2020).extractgelfrom The fruits of the adult plant Capparis spinosa and its use as an antioxidant and anti-bacterial to improve some meat quality characteristics, Master's Thesis, College of Agriculture - University of Basra, Iraq.
4. Al-Bahadli, Wedad Ali Abdul Salman (2020)Abiotic and biotic stimulation in propagatio Induction of callus and production of secondary compounds of Zingiber officinale var. Roscoe cv. White PhD thesis. College of Agriculture - Department of Horticulture and Landscaping - University of Basra
5. Al-Daoudi, Taban Najm Al-Din Majid Al-Daoudi, Mahfouz Khalil Abdullah and Iyad Bakr Mahmoud. 2019). Effect of treatment with ginger extract and cryopreservation on some chemical, sensory and bacteriological characteristics of Karady lamb, College of Agriculture, Tikrit University, College of Agricultural Sciences, Sulaimaniyah University .
6. Al-Tufaili, Hawraa Hamed Shaker Ali. (2016). Effect of sprouted barley, flaxseeds, and Almaze as functional foods in preservation of frozen ground minced meat tablets, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Basra, Iraq .
7. Al-Murshidi, Dalal Khaled Rahi Nahour. (2017). The effect of using liquid and dry whey as a functional food in improving the qualitative characteristics of Berker chopped roasted preserved by refrigeration and freezing, Master's thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Basra, Iraq.
8. Al Fayadh, Hamdi Abdel Aziz and Saad Abdel Hussein Nagy andNadia Nayef Abed. (2011). Poultry Products Technology. Second edition, part two. Ministry of Higher Education . faculty of Agriculture -Baghdad University.
9. Al eadhari, Russell Ali Adnan. (2017). Preparing some plant extracts, identifying their active compounds, and studying their effect on the qualitative characteristics of beef pellets stored by freezing and refrigeration. Master’s thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Basra.
10. Al Raawy, Manaf Ezz El-Din Nagy. 2005). Effect of Sodium Chloride and Sodium Tri-Phosphate Salt on the Quality Characteristics of Minced Beef Stored in Freezing at Different Durations, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad. Iraq.
11. Abdullah, Mahfouz Khalil, Maysaloon Wael Ibrahim, and Hisham Abdel Rahman Mahdi. (2016). Spraying and immersing the thigh muscle of Awassi lambs with different concentrations of cinnamon extract and their effect on some quality traits, Department of Animal Production / College of Agriculture / Tikrit University Volume 7 No. 4.
12. Andrés, A. I., Petrón, M. J., Adámez, J. D., López, M., & Timón, M. L. (2017).
13. Food by-products as potential antioxidant and antimicrobial additives in chillstored raw lamb patties. Meat science, 129, 62-70.
14. Draszanowska, A., Karpińska-Tymoszczyk, M., & Olszewska, M. A. (2020). The effect of ginger rhizome and refrigerated storage time on the quality of pasteurized canned meat. Food Science and Technology International, 26(4), 300-310.
15. Dave, D., & Ghaly, A. E. (2011). Meat spoilage mechanisms and preservation techniques: a critical review. American Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences, 6(4), 486-510.
16. Domínguez, R., Pateiro, M., Gagaoua, M., Barba, F. J., Zhang, W., & Lorenzo, J. M. (2019). A comprehensive review on lipid oxidation in meat and meat products. Antioxidants, 8(10), 429.
17. Falowo, A. B., Fayemi, P. O., & Muchenje, V. (2014). Natural antioxidants against lipid–protein oxidative deterioration in meat and meat products: A review. Food Research International, 64, 171-181.
18. Kumari, P. K., Akhila, S., Rao, Y. S., & Devi, B. R. (2019). Alternative to artificial preservatives. Syst. Rev. Pharm, 10, 99-102.
19. Mancini, S., Paci, G., Fratini, F., Torracca, B., Nuvoloni, R., Dal Bosco, A., ... & Preziuso, G. (2017). Improving pork burgers quality using Zingiber officinale Roscoe powder (ginger). Meat Science, 129, 161-168.
20. Rahmani, A. H., Al Shabrmi, F. M., & Aly, S. M. (2014). Active ingredients of ginger as potential candidates in the prevention and treatment of diseases via modulation of biological activities. International Journal of Physiology, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology, 6(2), 125–136.
21. Reshi, M. U., Bhat, R. A., Dobi, M. R., Pirzada, R., Beigh, S. A., Ahad, W. A., & Malik, A. H. (2017). Enhancement of shelf life of spent hen meat sausages with incorporation of ginger extract. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. Appl. Sci, 11, 1124-1130.
22. Resch, U., Schichl, Y. M., Sattler, S., & de Martin, R. (2008). XIAP regulates intracellular ROS by enhancing antioxidant gene expression. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 375(1), 156-161..
23. Yousif, A. Y. (2020). Using Pumpkin In Improving S Qualitative Characteristics Of Beef. Animal Production Department, Agriculture College, Basrah University, Iraq.
24. Mercier, Y., Gatellier, P., & Renerre, M. (2004). Lipid and protein oxidation in vitro, and antioxidant potential in meat from Charolais cows finished on pasture or mixed diet. Meat Science, 66(2), 467-473.
25. Pokorný, J. (2007). Are natural antioxidants better–and safer–than synthetic antioxidants?. European journal of lipid science and technology, 109(6), 629-642.
26. Parasite Hawra Hamed Shaker Ali. (2016). Effect of sprouted barley, flaxseeds, and Almaze as functional foods in preservation of frozen ground minced meat tablets, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Basra, Iraq.
27. Pereira, R. N., & Vicente, A. A. (2010). Environmental impact of novel thermal and non-thermal technologies in food processing. Food Research International, 43(7), 1936-1943.
28. Shah, M. A., Bosco, S. J. D., & Mir, S. A. (2014). Plant extracts as natural antioxidants in meat and meat products. Meat science, 98(1), 21-33
29. Al eadhari, Russell Ali Adnan. (2017). Preparing some plant extracts, identifying their active compounds, and studying their effect on the qualitative characteristics of beef pellets stored by freezing and refrigeration. Master’s thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Basra.
30. Zhou, G. H., Xu, X. L., & Liu, Y. (2010). Preservation technologies for fresh meat–A review. Meat science, 86(1), 119-128.
31. Zhang, W., Xiao, S., & Ahn, D. U. (2013). Protein oxidation: basic principles and implications for meat quality. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 53(11), 1191-1201.